Press Release Optimization
Most companies do not realize the true potential of press releases. Online press releases are often ignored by companies in their marketing mix. Even where companies do online press releases, they are usually seen as a brand building effort and ignore the SEO potential of online press releases. Online press releases do much more than building a positive brand image.
Importance of Optimized Press Releases
Incoming links from reputed and high quality sites boost your SEO. Online press releases have the potential of bringing extremely high quality links to your website, from reputed news sites. Well optimized press releases can help your website’s SEO in two ways:
- When published on your website’s “news” section, a well optimized press release will help the page rank for keywords that are most relevant to the release and bring new visitors to your site
- When syndicated to news sites, well optimized press releases can help you improve not just the number of links coming to your site, but also the linking text of the incoming links.
Optimizing Press Releases
A well optimized press release displays most of the following attributes:
- Newsworthy Topic:News sites look for “news”. Press releases written around news-worthy topics that would interest a news site and its visitors are the most effective. A good news-worthy topic is:
- New and current
- Relevant to your industry
- Informative and/or educational for the target audience
- Unprecedented and/or unique
- Of interest to the reader
- Viral — where readers like to to share it with others
- Strong headlines: A strong, persuasive and compelling headline improves the chances of your press release being picked up and published by news websites. Once your press release is published by a news website, visitors to these sites are most likely to read the press release and visit your site if the headline is compelling.
- Focus: A good press release has a single focus and does not address multiple topics that can become independent press releases themselves.
- Minimal self-promotion: A press release is not about self-promotion — it is about giving news sites and their visitors content and information THEY would like. A good press release contains minimal self-promotion, if at all.
- Optimized for search engines: A good press release contains well selected and targeted keywords, a healthy keyword density and optimization of linking text for maximum SEO benefits.
Press Release Optimization Services from Customized Write
The team at Customized Write includes professionals with decades of marketing experience. Many in the team have experience with press releases — both online and offline. Our team understands white hat SEO best practices and this ensures well optimized press releases for our clients. We can either write your press releases for you or optimize press releases written by your in-house team. Talk to us about your press release optimization needs today!